Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
The other day I imagined what a bar would be like if only Muskellunge fish and dogs were allowed to hang out there. There might be some rough characters there and maybe a spy putting some sneaky music on the jukebox. They'd have one of those online juke boxes that can access tons of music on the internet. This mix is what the patrons of that bar would have downloaded onto the juke box. Enjoy:
1. Angelo Badalamenti - Freshly Squeezed
2. Robert Wyatt - Solar Flares
3. Angelo Badalamenti - Blue Frank
4. Nino Nardini & Roger Roger - Mowgli
5. Captain Beefheart - You Know You're A Man
6. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Haunted Graffiti
7. David Axelrod - Human Abstract
8. Tom Waits - Goin Out West
9. Jenks "Tex" Carman - Wild and Wooly West
10. Ennio Morricone - Scherzi a Parte
11. Tom Waits - Knife Chase
12. Nino Nardini - Peaceful Night
13. Ennio Morricone - Una Tromba e la Sua Notte
14. The Dirty Projectors - Imagine It
15. Angelo Badalamenti - The Bookhouse Boys
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
This share contains 4 songs:
Dick Hyman - "The Moog and Me"
Beck - "Sissyneck"
Mort Garson - "Easy to be Hard"
Stereolab and the High Llamas - "Harve Daley Hicks" (from the Free Design remix album)
I found it interesting that "Sissyneck" and "Harve Daley Hicks" contained samples from these two old moog songs. Check them out:
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Here is a nice jolly album to celebrate Spring coming soon. There are some really cool stereo effects that sound wonderful on headphones.
1. The Music Goes 'Round and 'Round
2. Dancing Tambourine
3. Let's Take a Walk Around the Block
4. The Doll Dance
5. Don't Fence Me In
7. Love is Just Around the Corner
8. Then I'll Be Happy
9. Would You Like to Take a Walk?
10. Elmer's Tune
11. I Found a Million Dollar Baby
12. You'd Be Surprised
Monday, March 10, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Here is a nice gem of an album from 1969 that very few people are aware of. It is somewhat of a parody of "The Wizard of Oz", with lots of synthesizer and bizarre narration, with seven (I think) different characters including the "In-man" and the "Lyin' Coward". Some of the music is reminiscent of early Nintendo game music, which is quite notable because this album was released around 16 years before the NES. Mort Garson happened to pass away last Wednesday (Jan 16th) at the age of 83. Enjoy!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
I recently found out about a band which many people who visit my blog may enjoy. They're called Modular and they're fabulous. They play very groovy, dreamy analog synth music with a 21st century twist. Obvious influences are Stereolab, bossa nova, the High Llamas, and 60s Moog albums. You can download a handful of their songs here, and listen to some others that have yet to be released on an album here.