Monday, April 5, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
Saturday, December 19, 2009
I know that Christmas mixes are original... I just know it.
1. Winters Love.....Animal Collective
2. Winter's Day.....The High Llamas
3. Winter Now.......Broadcast
4. White Winter Hymnal.....Fleet Foxes
5. Under Ice........Kate Bush
6. Tropical Ice-Land.....The Fiery Furnaces
7. Reindeer.........The Knife
8. An Old Man's Winter Night....Robert Frost
9. A Hazy Shade of Winter....Simon and Garfunkel
10. The Fox in the Snow....Belle and Sebastian
11. Fall Breaks and Back to Winter....The Beach Boys
12. The Christmas Song.....The Raveonettes
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
os mutantes was a psychedelic rock band from Brazil in the late 1960's, associated with the Tropicalia movement. This is their self-titled very first album, which is probably their best. I believe one of the songs features bug spray as an instrument.
|1. Panis et Circenses||
|2. Minha Menina||
|3. O Relógio||
|4. Adeus Maria Fulo||
|6. Senhor F||
|7. Bat Macumba||
|8. Premier Bonheur du Jour||
|9. Trem Fantasma||
|10. Tempo No Tempo||
|11. Ave Genghis Khan|
Download Os Mutantes
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Hello all - it's been some time since I've posted anything. I've gotten married and moved and haven't had as much time to post music. This is a side project from Sean O'Hagan (The High Llamas) and Tim Gane (Stereolab). They experimented with all kinds of synthesizers and drum machines on this album before recording the albums "Cold and Bouncy" and "Dots and Loops". It is packed with cool synth sounds and stereo effects. Hopefully I'll be posting albums with more regularity in the future. Enjoy!
1. Electrocation of Fire Ants
3. Ru Tenone
4. United States of Surrealism
5. Young Cherry Trees Secured
6. Triple Cause of Poetry
9. Jumbleo Palipsest
10. Gimmickry Sensational Hoax
11. Gimmickry Hoax Sensational
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
The other day I imagined what a bar would be like if only Muskellunge fish and dogs were allowed to hang out there. There might be some rough characters there and maybe a spy putting some sneaky music on the jukebox. They'd have one of those online juke boxes that can access tons of music on the internet. This mix is what the patrons of that bar would have downloaded onto the juke box. Enjoy:
1. Angelo Badalamenti - Freshly Squeezed
2. Robert Wyatt - Solar Flares
3. Angelo Badalamenti - Blue Frank
4. Nino Nardini & Roger Roger - Mowgli
5. Captain Beefheart - You Know You're A Man
6. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Haunted Graffiti
7. David Axelrod - Human Abstract
8. Tom Waits - Goin Out West
9. Jenks "Tex" Carman - Wild and Wooly West
10. Ennio Morricone - Scherzi a Parte
11. Tom Waits - Knife Chase
12. Nino Nardini - Peaceful Night
13. Ennio Morricone - Una Tromba e la Sua Notte
14. The Dirty Projectors - Imagine It
15. Angelo Badalamenti - The Bookhouse Boys
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
This share contains 4 songs:
Dick Hyman - "The Moog and Me"
Beck - "Sissyneck"
Mort Garson - "Easy to be Hard"
Stereolab and the High Llamas - "Harve Daley Hicks" (from the Free Design remix album)
I found it interesting that "Sissyneck" and "Harve Daley Hicks" contained samples from these two old moog songs. Check them out:
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Here is a nice jolly album to celebrate Spring coming soon. There are some really cool stereo effects that sound wonderful on headphones.
1. The Music Goes 'Round and 'Round
2. Dancing Tambourine
3. Let's Take a Walk Around the Block
4. The Doll Dance
5. Don't Fence Me In
7. Love is Just Around the Corner
8. Then I'll Be Happy
9. Would You Like to Take a Walk?
10. Elmer's Tune
11. I Found a Million Dollar Baby
12. You'd Be Surprised
Monday, March 10, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Here is a nice gem of an album from 1969 that very few people are aware of. It is somewhat of a parody of "The Wizard of Oz", with lots of synthesizer and bizarre narration, with seven (I think) different characters including the "In-man" and the "Lyin' Coward". Some of the music is reminiscent of early Nintendo game music, which is quite notable because this album was released around 16 years before the NES. Mort Garson happened to pass away last Wednesday (Jan 16th) at the age of 83. Enjoy!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
I recently found out about a band which many people who visit my blog may enjoy. They're called Modular and they're fabulous. They play very groovy, dreamy analog synth music with a 21st century twist. Obvious influences are Stereolab, bossa nova, the High Llamas, and 60s Moog albums. You can download a handful of their songs here, and listen to some others that have yet to be released on an album here.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Many of you may have Alain Goraguer's wonderful soundtrack to "Fantastic Planet", but here is one of his lesser known works: "Au Delà De La Peur". This was originally a 45 and only contains two songs, but is nice to have anyway. If you don't already have the "Fantastic Planet" OST I would recommend getting it. Enjoy! This one should be a quick download, only 6.8 Mb.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Well, here's another compilation. I often listen to these songs at night right before falling asleep.
1. Les Baxter - Les Levres
2. Piero Umiliani - Batiments no. 1
3. Jon Brion - Spotless Mind
4. George Martin - Sea of Monsters
5. Piero Umiliani - Etat Hypnotique
6. Jocelyn Pook - The Dream
7. George Martin - Sea of Holes
8. Ennio Morricone - Fine Di Solange
9. Piero Umiliani - Echoes de la Nature
10. Ennio Morricone - Altre Cadenze
11. Ennio Morricone - Parabola
12. Ennio Morricone - Totem Secondo
13. Jon Brion - Elephant Parade
14. Ennio Morricone - Radiazioni
15. Ennio Morricone - Nel Vuoto
Friday, November 30, 2007
I decided to try my hand at a compilation of dreamy moogy music. The cover is a painting I did about a year ago, which was very influenced by this type of music. If anyone wants any further information about the albums these songs came off of let me know. Comments would be greatly appreciated.
1. Twisto Neck - The High Llamas
2. XL-30 - Shuggie Otis
3. Young Cherry Trees Secured - Turn On
4. Swingin' Spathiphyllums - Mort Garson
5. Bells of Senegal - The High Llamas
6. Ten Et Tiwa - Alain Goraguer
7. The American Scene - The High Llamas
8. Wives and Lovers - Christopher Scott
9. Glide Time - The High Llamas
10. Do You Know The Way To San Jose? - Christopher Scott
11. Sleeping Spray - The High Llamas
12. Alfred the King of Disco - Dick Hyman
13. The Microdisneycal World Tour - The High Llamas
14. Alfie - Dick Hyman
15. Green Coaster - The High Llamas
16. Staffetta Per Due - Ennio Morricone
17. Blips Drips and Strips - Stereolab
18. Glangorous - Turn On
19. Fkamingo - Todd Rundgren
20. Dance of the Dream Man - Angelo Badalamenti
21. Lobby Bears - The High Llamas
Monday, October 22, 2007
I have re-uploaded Invito Allo Sport. This new upload has a few extra tracks from the score which I didnt have at the time of the original post.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Here is a very nice out of print word jazz album from Ken Nordine. It is a collection of songs that were recorded between 1957 and 1960. If you're not familiar with Nordine or word jazz, I highly suggest checking this out. Very nice jazz music with Ken Nordine telling amusing anecdotes. If you've never heard "Colors" by Ken Nordine, I would suggest checking it out also.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
1. Look (Every Day) v: Biddell, Kaff.
2. Take Without Giving
3. Jenny Blake
4. Go Anywhere v: Biddell, Kaff.
5. News From The Exchange.
6. Park Scene (Look, Every Day)
7. Go Anywhere v: Biddell, Kaff.
8. Go Anywhere (Instrumental)
9. Spinifex Hill (Look, Every Day)
10. Meg’s Shopping Spree (Take Without Giving)
11. Mrs. Benson
12. The Fall Of Benson Mining
13. Look (Every Day)
Monday, August 6, 2007
Finally I've been able to post this album. I know some of you have been waiting on it for a little while so here it is. This isnt my favorite Libaek album but it is an interesting album worth having. Sorry about the cover image being so blurry but I ripped this from cassette tape and my ancient digital camera had a really hard time photographing the tiny cassette tape cover. I dont think there is a cover image of this album anywhere else online, if someone finds one let me know.
1. Sweet Caroline
2. Songs of Life
3. Say Maybe
4. Dear Father
5. Hello Again
7. Play Me
8. Rainy Day Song
9. Lonely Looking Sky
10. Only You
Saturday, July 7, 2007
Well, I'm going out of town on Sunday morning and I wont be back for two weeks. I'm not going to have time to rip or post anything new before I leave so I'll let people vote on which album I should post when I get back. Here are the options:
Sven Libaek - Neil Diamond Instrumentally
Another Herbie Mann record
Another Ennio Morricone record (I have tons so request one if you want)
Alain Goraguer - Fantastic Planet OST
John Sangster - Australia and All That Jazz
Post your vote in the comments section and I'll check them when I get back.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
I got this album about a year ago from Xtabay's World (thanks!) and it is no longer available so I thought it would be appropriate to post it.
1. The Isa
3. Australian Square
4. The Snowfields
6. The Kimberlys
1. The Isa
3. Australian Square
4. The Snowfields
6. The Kimberlys