Friday, November 30, 2007

Squishy Dream Mix



I decided to try my hand at a compilation of dreamy moogy music. The cover is a painting I did about a year ago, which was very influenced by this type of music. If anyone wants any further information about the albums these songs came off of let me know. Comments would be greatly appreciated.


1. Twisto Neck - The High Llamas
2. XL-30 - Shuggie Otis
3. Young Cherry Trees Secured - Turn On
4. Swingin' Spathiphyllums - Mort Garson
5. Bells of Senegal - The High Llamas
6. Ten Et Tiwa - Alain Goraguer
7. The American Scene - The High Llamas
8. Wives and Lovers - Christopher Scott
9. Glide Time - The High Llamas
10. Do You Know The Way To San Jose? - Christopher Scott
11. Sleeping Spray - The High Llamas
12. Alfred the King of Disco - Dick Hyman
13. The Microdisneycal World Tour - The High Llamas
14. Alfie - Dick Hyman
15. Green Coaster - The High Llamas
16. Staffetta Per Due - Ennio Morricone
17. Blips Drips and Strips - Stereolab
18. Glangorous - Turn On
19. Fkamingo - Todd Rundgren
20. Dance of the Dream Man - Angelo Badalamenti
21. Lobby Bears - The High Llamas

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/73275994/Pecks_Spet_Rips.zip.html

9 comments:

Corganoid said...

Nice comp. I don't know too much about these vintage moog albums, but your comp is a nice introduction to the variety of stuff out there. Thanks.

The Doc
www.2x2lcalling.blogspot.com
www.preyingmantisproductions.com

Anonymous said...

that mort garson track is tremendous. would you happen to know where i might obtain more?

cmland said...

Yes it is tremendous. The whole album can be found here: http://bubble-land.blogspot.com/

He has made a bunch of other albums but I don't have any of them.

Anonymous said...

thanks for that!

by the way, are you into koji kondo at all (composer of a lot of nintendo music such as mario bros. and zelda), or anyone of his ilk (whatever that may be)? i've been looking for some downloadable albums but haven't had any success. i figured you might be into this stuff what with the strong melodies and such.

cmland said...

I actually found another Mort Garson album, which you may notice that I have posted. Also, I have been able to track down Koji Kondo's (wonderful) music from Zelda Ocarina of Time. I probably won't post it if it's still being sold in stores so I'll look into that, but even if it is I can send it to you via email. Shoot me one if you're interested: cmland@iupui.edu

Anonymous said...

Hey now there are some great songs on this comp. definitely enjoying it. Also thanks for telling me about the kicken assen site.

CrimsonCrow said...

Somehow, I knew before I played it what the unknown tune in your mix was. I have no idea how I knew, but I did. So, I clicked play and there was one of my favorite tunes ever ever ever!

Dick Hyman: Alfred the King of Disco. This was a toss away tune on an old disc Organ Magic; A Reader’s Digest Boxed Set. It is one of the coolest tunes I have ever heard. It is the most played tune I have along with, believe it or not, Kate Bush's, A Deal With God; Air's, Alone in Kyoto and Erik Wøllo's Prism.

Go here to learn more about this amazing piece of organ music:

http://www.spaceagepop.com/rc003.htm

As for your mix, it is great except for Alfred the King of Disco. Only because whenever I hear it I have to move!

Anyway, thanks so much for all the great tunes.

cmland said...

Thank you very much Crimson Crow. I thought I'd never figure out what that song was. I'd imagine I originally got it off the space age pop website and completely forgot where it came from. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Delicious!

Cheers!